Updated 11/24/2020 items are in bold.
Dear Library Lovers,
The Burnham Library has reopened to the public as of Tuesday, June 23 for browsing, borrowing, and quick usage of computer, copier, and fax machine.
We are so excited to reopen our doors to our patrons! Due to the current circumstances, we must limit the number of patrons in the building. Face coverings are required for all visitors and employees. Curbside Pick-up will remain in service, and please take advantage of our Digital Branch for all things streaming!
During this gradual reopening phase, the library will reopen under the following conditions and are subject to change as per Governor Lamont’s Reopening CT plan.
- As of November 24, library hours on Wednesdays and Thursdays will be open 9:00 – 5:00 (reduced one hour).
- All visitors and employees are required to wear face coverings while in the public area.
- If you are unable to wear a mask, curbside pick-up is available.
- Building occupancy is limited. Staff will monitor capacity.
- Visitors will be limited to 30 minutes inside the library.
- As of July 7th, children are permitted to return to the building for browsing and borrowing. Masks are required for children 3 and older.
- The use of hand sanitizer is requested before handling library materials.
- Restrooms are closed to the public.
- The Susan Beris, MD Youth Learning Center play area is closed until further notice.
- Please ask at the circulation desk for a computer as there are only two computers available for use at this time.
- Computer usage is limited to 30 minutes per day per patron.
- Lounge seating and study tables are unavailable.
Book Drop, Returns, and Book Donations:
- The outside book drop is available 24/7 and will be checked at opening each day.
- All library materials must be returned via the outside book drop.
- We will continue to quarantine materials for 3-5 days.
- Returned items will be discharged from a patron account on the day they are removed from the book drop.
- Overdue items will again accrue fines beginning of October 1, 2020.
- We are NOT accepting any book donations until further notice.
Library Programs and Meeting Space Reservations:
- In-person programming, meeting space usage, and public gatherings are paused at this time.
- Visit our Events page for a calendar of virtual programming available for all ages.
- In-person Tech Tutoring is suspended at this time. Chris is happy to assist you via email or by phone.
Virtual Services and Curbside Pick-up
- Please take advantage of our Digital Branch which offers Bridgewater residents downloadable digital materials, such as eBooks, eAudio, streaming videos, and more. All you need is a valid library card.
- Contactless Curbside Pick-up is still available! Request items and schedule a pick-up via our library catalog, by phone, or by email.
- Parents and Caregivers let us do the browsing for you! Request a themed book-bundle bag by emailing your request at email@example.com
- Public WIFI is available 24/7.
Jean Kallay, Library Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Chris Fisher, Assistant Director email@example.com
Jean Kallay, Library Director
Chris Fisher, Assistant Director
We ask you to follow the recommendations of the CDC, which include washing your hands frequently. For more information, you can read the below links.
Bridgewater Town Hall – updated information from our First Selectman, TOPS program and more …
COVID Act Now – Gathers and presents data from a number of reputable sources for US states and counties, using color graphics and simplified language.
PBS Parents – How you and your kids can distress during Coronavirus
Quarantine vs Isolation as defined by the CDC
TaskandPurpose.com – Veterans benefits and financial help during COVID19
US Small Business Administration – Small business guidance and loan resources
VaccineFinder – VaccineFinder is a free, online service where users can search for locations that offer vaccinations. We work with partners such as clinics, pharmacies, and health departments to provide accurate and up-to-date information about vaccination services.